2 bundles of 14 oz. package Soba Noodles *
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 large shallots = ¾ cup thinly sliced
1 pound ground dark meat turkey
2 tablespoons minced ginger
3 tablespoons thinly sliced lemongrass
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
½ to 1 teaspoon (or more) crushed dried chilies
2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 cup finely chopped Italian basil
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the Soba noodles and cook until the strands are soft and done about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a fine mesh strainer in a sink and rinse with cool water until the noodles are cool to touch.
- Transfer noodles into a bowl filled with cool water.
- Pick up about 1-inch in diameter bundle of noodle with your finger. Gently squeeze out excess water and wrap the strands into your finger into a loose bundle. Place on a platter. Repeat with the remaining noodles. You should have roughly12 bundles. Cover and let sit at room temperature.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Add the garlic and stir until soft, then add the shallot. Continue to stir and cook until the shallot turn translucent before adding the turkey.
- Using the spatula while stirring to press and break up the clumps as the turkey begin to cook. When it is almost cook through, add the ginger and lemongrass and stir.
- Season with salt, curry powder, chilies and soy sauce. Stir and mix well before adding the red bell pepper. Keep stirring until the pepper is slightly cooked but firm. Add the basil, turn off the heat, mix and blend well.
- To serve, put 3 bundles in each of the plate then spoon the topping over the noodles. Serve hot.