Papa’s Peanut Sauce
Makes about 1 ½ cups
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- ¼ cup minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons or more fresh lemon juice
- Heat the coconut oil over medium low heat.
- Add shallots and stir-fry until soft.
- Add ginger and stir to mix.
- Add peanut butter and reduce the heat to low. Stir until the peanut butter is melted.
- Add curry powder and mix well.
- Add coconut cream and increase the heat to medium. Stir to mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the lemon juice. Mix well and keep stirring.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, turn off the heat and add the lemon juice.
If you don’t want to serve this immediately, cool and transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate. When ready to use, warm a serving in the microwave for 1 minute or less.
Note: The sauce can also be served cold as a dip with fresh fruits, vegetable or bread sticks.
Papa’s Noodle, Vegetables and Chicken with Peanut Sauce
Makes 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 ½ cups spinach
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ cup cooked pasta mixed with a teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup shredded Napa cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup cooked shredded chicken breast
- ¼ to ½ cup peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tangy apple
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced mint leaves
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add ginger and spinach. Stir to mix with salt, and soy sauce. As soon as the spinach is wilted, turn off the heat and remove from stovetop.
- Add cooked pasta and mix to combine.
- Add a tablespoon of peanut sauce and mix.
- Transfer to a serving plate
- Toss cabbage, carrot and chicken together and put the mixture over the noodles.
- Garnish with chopped apple and mint leaves.
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons peanut sauce over the top of the dish and mix lightly to serve.